What personal information is collected and how is it used?
- Information collected directly from you and others through this Website or any online channel
- We collect personal information directly from you to perform what is necessary to administer our business, to offer the best possible products and/or services to you. Examples of the information collected includes name, identification number, mobile phone number, email address, address, driving license number, vehicle information, credit card number, demographical information, and responses to survey questions.
- This information is collected at various places on our website: for instance, when you register for a new membership; updating your information; or ordering a new membership card to be delivered to you.
- We also collect information provided by you on yourself and those you know. For example, we collect your recipient’s contact information to process your delivery.
- We use this collected information to perform the followings:
- Create a new membership at your request.
- Process your membership card.
- Provide towing service.
- Provide customer service.
- Market our products and/or services.
- Information we observe or collect through technology
- Navigational and location information
- When you visit this Website or an online channel where this policy is linked, we collect navigational information, such as browser type and version, service-provider identification, IP address, the site from which you came, and the site to which you navigate. Navigational information is largely anonymous in the sense that it doesn’t contain your name, address, phone number, email address or other information that directly identifies you. However, we may associate this navigational information with your personal information if you provide it. When collecting the IP address, we may also be able to determine location information such as city, state, country, a designated marketing area and the ISP being used. We will also collect the type of mobile device you are using when connecting to our mobile website so we can provide the mobile website version best suited for your device.
- Cookies and clear gifs
- To better understand what you do while you are on our site, we use a browser feature known as a cookie. A cookie is a small data file that’s stored by your web browser on your computer or device. It’s used to do things like see how you navigate our Website, and remember you when you return. This helps us improve our site, provide better customer care and tailor your online experience based on your unique tastes, location and/or history.
- We also use clear-gifs (also known as a Web beacon, pixel tags or Web bug) on our Website, mobile site, microsites, and social media pages and in our emails. A clear gif is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a Web page, Web-based document or email message. It helps us do things like view the URL of the page on which the clear gif appears and the time our Web site or email in question is viewed. Clear gifs in emails help us confirm the receipt of, and response to, our emails, including those that you forward to friends and family; and they help deliver a more personalized online experience.
- Overall, these technologies may be used to help us see which of our interactive experiences online users like most: for example, by keeping track of the number of times a video, widget or other media is accessed or embedded on social networking sites; and on which social networking sites it is embedded, based on inquiries that are sent to our Website.
- Cookies and clear gifs also allow us to associate your online navigational or transactional information with any personal information you provide or we otherwise collect (such as name, address, phone number, email address, and IP address). We’ll associate this information to deliver products and/or services to you; to improve our business; to transact business; and to market our products and/or services to you on this and other Web sites and through a variety of media like email, mobile advertising, and direct mail. We can also use this technology to determine whether you’d be interested in participating in special events, given your preferences. The end-result is a more personalized experience that’s tailored to your needs and tastes.
- Navigational and location information
What information do we share with partners and third parties?
- We are committed to the security of all information associated with our customers. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. Any personal information you provide will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to any third party mailing lists.
- However, we do reserve the right to disclose or report personal information in circumstances where we believe that disclosure is required under any law, regulation, guidelines or directives (whether or not having the force of law), to cooperate with regulators, law enforcement authorities or any authority having jurisdiction over us, or to enforce and protect our business, rights or property.
- We use third party couriers to help with delivering products. When we supply Personal Identifiable Information to these third parties, we require them to use it only for the function they are helping us with.
What choices do you have?
- We prefer to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. You may update or modify your account information by logging onto our site.
- If you use our bulletin boards, post user comments regarding content available through www.aam.org.my, microsites, mobile sites or social media pages of Automobile Association of Malaysia (AAM), or engage in similar activity, please remember that anything you post is publicly available. Portions of your user profile will also be available to other users of our websites.
How do we secure your information on our site?
- During sessions in which you give us information such as credit card numbers, we encrypt your transmissions using SSL (“Secure Sockets Layer”), and other security technology. This guards against interception of the information while it is on the Internet. We keep the Personal Identifiable Information you provide on servers that are protected by firewalls and other technological means against intrusion or unauthorized access. They are located in a physically secure facility, however, there is no such thing as 100% security on the Internet. We rely on you to select passwords that cannot be guessed easily and to safeguard those passwords from disclosure.
Automobile Association of Malaysia (AAM)
225 Block 4, No 7 Persiaran Sukan, Laman Seri Business Park, Section 13,
40100 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
T: +603 5511 1932